Monday, July 6, 2009

3 Little Pigs, 2 Weeks, 1 Camping Trip



With the coming of our sweet baby boy, came a very interesting two and a half weeks. I thought that staying in the hospital for three nights was bad, it was, but being without Tad, then Ady then Brinnlee was worse. We had a really great Father's day visiting family, and I was so happy that Tad had his little buddy here to celebrate being an amazing father. The next day Tad said he wasn't feeling that great and I got word of some family members having the dreaded swine flu. I asked Tad to get tested, just in case. He thought I was being overprotective, like I usually am, but nonetheless, he got tested. He indeed had H1N1 (he preferred this instead of the swine flu). So being the unbelievably amazing father that he is, he stayed at his mom's house for three nights, then quarantined himself from Brigham for a whole week. 
Adyson joined him after coming down with a fever and then Brinnlee decided she wanted to jump on the bandwagon. Brigham meanwhile lived in his room for seven days with only me going in and out dousing myself in sanitizer every time I entered. It got incredibly tiring, but it was worth it to make sure that he stayed healthy. Here are a few pictures I sent to Tad while he was gone. He finally held his son again on his 28th birthday.  Happy Birthday Tad! What an amazing husband and father you are. We would all be lost without you. You bring so many smiles and laughter to our family everyday!


After we got over the H1N1, we packed our bags and tents for the annual Fish Lake camping trip. The girls got Dora fishing poles and Tad helped them to catch fish. I've always said that I have two boys (three now) especially when they like to pet the fish and play with the worms. Brigham and I must be the black sheep of the family, we escaped Fish Lake unscathed. Let's start with Ady, the poor thing cannot walk on a flat surface without tripping, enough said. Brinnlee fell neck first into a stinging nettle bush, it took her about an hour to recover. When I saw Tad's ripped shirt, I initially thought his bulging biceps had finally busted through his attire, but he actually had a log attack him, scraping his arm, tearing his T and just missing his face. Our dog Zeus also is included in the list of injuries. Despite his trying to play with the other doggies, Zeus got a half-dollar sized chunk bit out of his ear. He is now known as Evander Holyfield. All in all the past few weeks have been crazy, but we are so very happy. It's so great to finally all be together, healthy and in one piece. 


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!!!! What a month for you guys! I am just glad you all survived! I have taken care of some VERY sick people with the swine flu. I know babies are very vulnerable. That is so good of Tad to stay at his mom's! He looks so handsome. I just can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...I bet that was a stressful time. Brigham is adorable! I love the fishing pictures with the girls. It is so crazy that you have 3 kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a week! I am so glad that you all survived. That Brigham is so so cute! Congrats on another adorable kid.

    ReplyDelete